6.07.2009

Sometimes, the ambiguity of my heart leads me into confusion. Maybe that could be said of most people. I, however, have found very few people that are just as comfortable in high society and city settings as they are with the rough and ready redneck crowd. It's a hard duality to find in people, and I posses them both.
It makes for an interesting love life. I've dated pretty boys, and rough neck boys. All equally smart, and attractive to me, but each in their own way, and none bridging the gap into both worlds. I want a man who isn't afraid to get dirty changing breaks and oil, or spending the day fishing. I also want a man who doesn't mind cleaning up to go on a date in the city, out to a club, or even to a symphony.
I like art museums as much as I like backpacking. I like cleaning horse stalls, I find it theraputic. I like playing dress up and going out dancing all night at a swanky club. I miss fishing with my Dad. I miss going to the symphony with him, too. The curse of my parents raising a VERY well rounded daughter is the desire to do it all, and want a companion who will, too.

3 comments:

RyRy said...

Yeah, that's a hard quality to come by, because it pretty much is dependent upon the person's upbringing. I kinda got some of that.

I spent the first half my childhood growing up within sight of Seattle, in urban places, and the other half... in Belfair, lol.

But thanks to that diversity, I am able to be comfortable around a huge bonfire out in the woods with Country blasting, as well as dancing to loud thumping techno at a club or rave.

Yeah, I really do believe such broad tastes depends mostly on the impressions of youth. Some people may catch on to new things if you just expose it to them, though.

Jo said...

I completely agree with you, just like me you're looking for a perfect boy. It does not mean he has no weaknesses or negative sides, he does! But you love them and accept him the way he is. Well, I consider myself lucky: I have found THE ONE : ) And as you say: I can do anything with him and it's always fun : ) I wish you good luck!

Chris Keller said...

The confusion and the uncertainty of the heart is what makes falling in love so amazing and special.

It's never about a person being perfect, it's about what your definition of perfection is. When you look at that person, you'll know that's what perfect is. They won't be perfect, but they'll be your definition of perfection.

I enjoy reading what you have written, and hope you intend to keep writing, as I will keep reading.

You are starting to inspire me, and I enjoy that greatly. Thank you :)